Accessibility at RBC Dominion Securities
RBC Dominion Securities(1) complies with the requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (Integrated Accessibility Standards).
Statement of commitment
RBC Dominion Securities is committed to:
- providing clients with disabilities the same opportunity to access our products and services as clients without disabilities – wherever they reside in Canada
- enabling clients with disabilities to benefit from the same services, in the same place, and in an equitable way as other clients
- providing a professional environment that promotes barrier-free access for all clients as required by applicable legislation
- providing employees and job applicants with reasonable accommodation
- providing information in ways that are accessible to people with disabilities, and
- meeting these commitments in a timely manner
RBC Dominion Securities will provide training to employees and contract workers on the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (Integrated Accessibility Standards) and on the requirements of the Ontario Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees and contract workers.
RBC Dominion Securities will take the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training noted above by January 1, 2015:
- A training course will be provided and rolled out to all employees and contract workers covered under this legislation.
- We will keep a record of the training provided under this section.
Information and communications
RBC Dominion Securities is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
Accessible emergency information
RBC Dominion Securities is committed to providing publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when requested.
RBC Dominion Securities will ensure existing processes for receiving and responding to feedback are accessible to people with disabilities.
Accessible formats and communication supports
RBC Dominion Securities will take the following steps to provide or arrange for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports, upon request, for persons with disabilities by January 1, 2016:
- We will provide such accessible formats and communication in a timely manner that takes into account the person’s accessibility needs due to disability.
- We will provide such accessible formats and communication at a cost that is no more than the regular cost charged to other persons.
- We will consult with the person making the request to determine the suitability of an accessible format or communication support.
Accessible websites and web content
RBC Dominion Securities will take the following steps to make all internet websites and web content conform with WCAG 2.0, Level AA, except where meeting such requirements are not practicable, to meet accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (Integrated Accessibility Standards) by January 1, 2021:
- By January 1, 2014, all new internet web sites and web content created, or existing internet web sites going through a significant refresh, were made to conform with WCAG 2.0 Level A.
- By January 1, 2021, all internet web sites and web content on those sites must conform with WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
- We will post resources on our Intranet for employees and contract workers to use in order to meet this requirement.
- We will ensure that all employees and contract workers involved in the development or testing of our internet web sites and web content are aware of and have access to developer or testing guidelines (as applicable) and best practices for meeting this requirement.
RBC Dominion Securities is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will take the following steps to conform with accessible employment standard requirements by January 1, 2016:
- We will notify the public and employees that, when requested, we will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment, selection, and hiring processes and when people are hired. This will include notification through our public recruitment web sites.
- We will develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability.
- We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account in using performance management, career development and redeployment processes.
These requirements will be incorporated into HR policies as applicable, and will be communicated and made available to all employees and people managers. If other barriers are identified, RBC Dominion Securities will take additional steps as needed to address them.
For more information on our accessibility plan, please contact us at DS National Office.
1 RBC Dominion Securities refers to the RBC Wealth Management and RBC Capital Markets business segments operated by RBC Dominion Securities Inc., and for the purposes of this plan, also includes subsidiary entities as applicable.