Accessibility at RBC Dominion Securities
RBC Dominion Securities(1) complies with the requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (Integrated Accessibility Standards).
Statement of commitment
RBC Dominion Securities is committed to:
- providing clients with disabilities the same opportunity to access our products and services as clients without disabilities – wherever they reside in Canada
- enabling clients with disabilities to benefit from the same services, in the same place, and in an equitable way as other clients
- providing a professional environment that promotes barrier-free access for all clients as required by applicable legislation
- providing employees and job applicants with reasonable accommodation
- providing information in ways that are accessible to people with disabilities, and
- meeting these commitments in a timely manner
RBC Dominion Securities provides training to employees and contract workers on the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (Integrated Accessibility Standards) and on the requirements of the Ontario Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training is provided in a way that best suits the duties of our employees and contract workers.
RBC Dominion Securities has taken the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training noted above:
- A training course is provided and assigned to all employees and contract workers covered under this legislation.
- We keep a record of the training provided under this section.
Information and communications
RBC Dominion Securities is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
Accessible emergency information
RBC Dominion Securities is committed to providing publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when requested.
RBC Dominion Securities ensures existing processes for receiving and responding to feedback are accessible to people with disabilities.
Accessible formats and communication supports
RBC Dominion Securities takes the following steps to provide or arrange for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports, upon request, for persons with disabilities:
- We provide such accessible formats and communication in a timely manner that takes into account the person’s accessibility needs due to disability.
- We provide such accessible formats and communication at a cost that is no more than the regular cost charged to other persons.
- We consult with the person making the request to determine the suitability of an accessible format or communication support.
Accessible websites and web content
RBC Dominion Securities has taken the following steps to make all required internet websites and web content conform with WCAG 2.0, Level AA, except where meeting such requirements are not practicable, to meet accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (Integrated Accessibility Standards):
- All required internet web sites and web content on those sites were made to conform with applicable WCAG 2.0 Level AA criteria.
- We post resources on our Intranet for employees and contract workers to use in order to meet this requirement.
- We ensure that all employees and contract workers involved in the development or testing of our internet web sites and web content are aware of and have access to developer or testing guidelines (as applicable) and best practices for meeting this requirement.
RBC Dominion Securities is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and takes the following steps to conform with accessible employment standard requirements:
- We notify the public and employees that, when requested, we accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment, selection, and hiring processes and when people are hired. This includes notification through our public recruitment web sites.
- We have in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability.
- We ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account in using performance management, career development and redeployment processes.
These requirements have been incorporated into HR policies as applicable, and communicated and made available to all employees and people managers. If other barriers are identified, RBC Dominion Securities will take additional steps as needed to address them.
For more information on our accessibility plan, please contact us at DS National Office.
1 RBC Dominion Securities refers to the RBC Wealth Management and RBC Capital Markets business segments operated by RBC Dominion Securities Inc., and for the purposes of this plan, also includes subsidiary entities as applicable.