Where do you go from here?
While creating an estate plan is not necessarily an arduous task, it does require a commitment of some time and resources.
The following tips should be considered as you begin this process:
- Follow the steps outlined in creating your estate plan.
- Develop your estate plan with the assistance of your accountant, lawyer, notary and investment advisor.
- Ask an RBC Dominion Securities Investment Advisor about a financial plan. A financial plan will assist you through the evaluation phase of your estate plan.
- Implement your plan. The most significant hurdle facing you is time.
- If you require additional insurance coverage, contact your RBC Dominion Securities Investment Advisor, who can provide access to variety of insurance products from many of Canada's leading insurance companies.
- Revisit your estate plan every two to three years to determine if it is still in keeping with your objectives.